TypeCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faction PVP Server JOIN US NOW

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Stay Active on the Forums for Updates, Events, and More!

Brewing Guide

Go down 
4 posters

Was this helpful?
Yes
Brewing Guide I_vote_lcap100%Brewing Guide I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 3 ]
No
Brewing Guide I_vote_lcap0%Brewing Guide I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Dyzzii

Dyzzii

Brewing Guide Empty
PostSubject: Brewing Guide   Brewing Guide EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 4:18 pm

Dyzzii's Hopefully Useful Brewing Guide

Hi there! If you're here then it probably means you need help with brewing. No big deal. Brewing is very handy once you get the hang of it.

What You Need

First things first. You're going to need your supplies. Namely a Brewing Stand, some Glass Bottles, and a source of water(Cauldron optional). To craft a brewing stand, you'll need 3 pieces of cobblestone and 1 blaze rod(Blaze Rods are obtained by defeating Blazes in the Nether.)

Got what you need? Great. Go find the nearest workbench and arrange them like so:

Brewing Guide Tut1

Ta-da! You have your very own Brewing Stand! Place it somewhere where you won't lose it. Glass bottles are easier to come by. Just take 3 glass blocks(Blocks, not panes!) and arrange them like this:

Brewing Guide Tut2

(Getting water should be pretty self-explanatory. Seriously.)

The Base Reagent

You have your supplies, now there's one more thing you need. Without it, you will not be able to brew most of the available potions. What you need is Nether Wart.
Nether Wart is tricky to get ahold of. It only grows in the Nether, meaning you can't just bring some back with you after one trip. It also only grows on Soul Sand. Because of the nature of its growth, it is recommended that you try to build as large a farm as possible to increase chances of having a steady supply. Bonemeal will not work on Nether Wart, but it does seem that nearby sources of fire help speed the process, if only slightly. Whatever you decide to do, the key thing to keep in mind is you will need the item, and lots of it.

Now! You have your brewing stand, you have your glass bottles(filled with water), and you have your Nether Wart! Now we can get to the good part!

To start, place at least 1 Water Bottle(you can place a maximum of 3) in one of the bottom slots of the Brewing Stand, and a Nether Wart in the top slot. Like so:

Brewing Guide Tut3

The bubbles on the left indicate that the potion is brewing and the arrow on the right indicates your progress.
With your Nether Wart, you will create an Awkward Potion. This is the base used to make most of the other potions.
Using almost any other ingredients will produce a Mundane Potion, which is nearly useless, unless you are creating a Potion of Weakness. The third base ingredient is Gunpowder. Using this on a water bottle creates a Splash Potion. Unlike the first two, which the user drinks, Splash Potions are used as projectiles against your target.

Reagents Two: Electric Boogaloo

Now, there are several different ingredients that are used in the second brewing, each obtained in their own way. They are listed as the following:

Ghast Tear - can be collected from defeated Ghasts
Spider Eye - can be collected from defeated Spiders
Fermented Spider Eye - Crafted using a Brown Mushroom, Sugar, and Spider Eye
Blaze Powder - Crafted using a Blaze Rod(similar to crushing bones or flowers into dye)
Magma Cream - Crafted using Blaze Powder and a Slimeball
Glistering Melon - Crafted using a Melon Slice and a Gold Nugget(No, it isn't edible.)
Sugar - Crafted from Sugarcane

I could tell you what each item does to your Awkward Potion, but frankly half of the fun in brewing is the experimentation. Since most of you will probably be looking for the healing potion, however, I will go ahead and tell you that's what the Glistering Melon is used for.

Tertiary Reagents
(It means 'third')

So you've used your second ingredient to turn that base potion into something awesome, like a Potion of Fire Resistance or a Potion of Strength. What else could there be? How about toughening it up some more?

There are really only three reagents for the third brew. These are Redstone Dust, Glowstone Dust, and Fermented Spider Eye. Redstone Dust is used to increase the duration of a potion. For example, a typical Potion of Weakness lasts only for a minute and a half. But add a bit of Redstone Dust into the brew and suddenly it lasts a full four minutes. Glowstone Dust, on the other hand, will increase the power of your potion greatly, but often times causes the duration to decrease. Finally, adding a Fermented Spider Eye will create something negative, even if you started with a positive potion(i.e. Turning a Potion of Swiftness into a Potion of Slowness).

This about covers all there is to tell about Brewing! If you have any questions, feel free to leave me a reply. Happy brewing!
Back to top Go down
Jason
Owner
Owner
Jason

Brewing Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brewing Guide   Brewing Guide EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 4:44 pm

TL:DR. Looks quite informative. Never was a big fan of brewing tho....Spawning FTW!
Back to top Go down
https://typecraft.forumotion.com
bobamba

bobamba

Brewing Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brewing Guide   Brewing Guide EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:24 pm

very informative!
Back to top Go down
Alexducky

Alexducky

Brewing Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reply topic   Brewing Guide EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 7:22 am